"...whoever refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Proverbs 11:25
This truth from the Book of Wisdom has been on display for weeks now here at The Nehemiah Foundation. As we have prepared for the Nehemiah Golf Classic, our biggest generosity event of the year, we cannot begin to fully express the experience of being "refreshed" by so many. We had several goals for this event, as it is our signature event of the year, and provides nearly half of the funding dollars for our ministries. But our most intentional goal was to bless those who were a part of it in any way.
The staff here at Nehemiah has been refreshed by so many generous givers. Here are just some of the ways!
· sponsorships for the golf tournament -platinum, gold, silver, bronze or golf hole
· contributions to cover expenses for the Golf Classic
· exceptional in-kind gifts for the Silent Auction
· great bidding on the Silent Auction
· outstanding volunteers and ministry leaders who were the "grease" to keep things running smoothly
· 132 golfers who came to participate in the event
· The Springfield Country Club provided outstanding accommodations
· God, who provided the most beautiful day, and who DOES ALL THINGS WELL!
Then there are those who:
· donate so much time and energy everyday to the work of the ministries of The Nehemiah Foundations
· comment on our Constant Contact so we know you are reading it!
· join us for prayer on Fervent Fridays
And then there are those who:
· continuously give and give and give consistently, generously, beautifully because they understand the wisdom in the verse above.
We could not be more grateful! Thank you for living out the truth of God every day. We are truly refreshed by you!
Shelley Lopez, Executive Director
Shelley has been a member of the Springfield community for 29 years. As she lives and works and worships in the city, she uses the metaphor of an old Victorian house restoration to keep her focused on the work she is called to do. Inspired by the words of the prophet Isaiah, she pours herself into "restoring old ruins, rebuilding and renovating, making the community livable again" (Is. 58:12 MSG)